Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Erin, the Carrie Bradshaw of Her Time

I never thought that I would find a full-time gig as a writer, but as luck would have it, here I am in Nashville learning the trade of content marketing. And I absolutely love it. Ask "Erin one year ago" and she would have told you there was no way she was going to do anything but public relations. Her mind was made up. She didn't know that a move to Nashville and one year later would turn her world upside down and she would find a new path developing content strategies for clients. A new passion was formed.

I love planning, as I have mentioned before, and working as a content strategist allows me to showcase that passion. It also allows me to indulge in my passion for establishing myself (or in this case, helping my clients establish themselves) as an expert in almost anything. I have always joked around claiming to be a "jack of all trades" knowing a lot about a lot of subjects. Content marketing feeds this passion with a fury I never knew existed. I sometimes feel like a walking encyclopedia. I like walking around being that person that people can ask questions of and I immediately try to establish myself as an expert in that field. Scarily convincing too. Some find it annoying, I am sure my employer and clients find it endearing.

I have been writing for my company, but wanted to start sharing those posts with you all as well. I am also changing the name of my blog. Originally it was set as Pearls, Curls, & a PR Girl. The name just doesn't fit anymore. The new name change will happen this week at some point. I have a few ideas I am throwing around.

And as luck would have it...

With a simple twist of fate, I find myself at another crossroads. Life has a funny way of doing that. Just when you think you are ready to settle into something good for a while, it bops you upside the head and makes you move along.

Ready for a new adventure, as always.

xoxo-E