Thursday, May 9, 2013

Saying Goodbye

It is officially official. I am leaving the land of green and gray and headed towards Music City, USA at the end of June. I have actually known for a little while now, but it didn't really hit me until I received my graduation cap and gown the other day. Boy did it hit me. I stood up and had to sit down from the weight of what this all meant.

I am moving. Moving

It sounds so weird - I knew it was going to come sooner or later. It feels like this idea of leaving my home for the past 5 years (and all that I love about the best coast, eerrrr I mean west coast) pounced on me with no warning. Not to say that I am not excited, just scared for this huge change in my life - wouldn't you be as well?

Photo courtesy of EYE-LIKEY
The exciting part of this next adventure I will embark on is the place I am moving to! Nashville, Tennessee. I can't help but feel that Nashville is where big things will happen for me. Perhaps this is the same dream many have as they head to the heart and soul of Tennessee - but I feel that this is exactly where I need to be. I am not sure what is in the works for me - I just know that Nashville is going to be the place where I am able to realize some of my goals and dreams. 

An exciting part of this journey is the road trip to Nashville. 

PDX to Nashville clocks in at just over 35 hours, which I will most likely be flying solo on. I will be crossing through 10 different states (9 if you don't count driving on the Iowa border), each with their own unique landscape and history. 

2, 369 miles of open road. My whole life packed in my car. Better get a killer playlist ready.

Have a favorite spot in Nashville that is a must see? Let me know in a comment.

xoxo-E