Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sorority Girl


"Once a Phi Sigma Sigma, Always a Phi Sigma Sigma. This is the most outstanding thought, as well as the most everlasting. How well we shall remember those phrases! We feel some indefinable sensation when we realize that it marks our entire life." - The Sphinx 1926

When I started college I knew I wanted to do something beyond classes and work to develop my leadership skills. I also wanted to find an organization that I could make friends through since PSU is a large commuter campus (only about 1/3 of students actually live on or around campus).

Joining a sorority seemed like a natural fit.

What has Phi Sigma Sigma come to mean to me?
I love my sorority and everything we stand for. The pillars of lifelong learning, leadership through service, and  inclusiveness have helped shape my perspective and outlook on life over the past three years. I am a stronger woman because of the support and encouragement I have received, not only from my chapter, but from my sisters across the country - some have become Facebook friends without ever having met!

Phi Sig tank: The Greek Supply
The thought of knowing that wherever I end up after college I will have my sisters supporting and encouraging me is so comforting.

Overall, if you are thinking about joining a sorority....do it! Through the ups and downs, laughter and tears, smiles and frowns, it has been an incredible journey.

"I believe in faith, love, and sincerity. I will find strength in the lifelong friendships I share in the bonds of sisterhood...Once a Phi Sigma Sigma, Always a Phi Sigma Sigma." -The Creed of Phi Sigma Sigma


xoxo-E